1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

RCN Cable Internet Service?

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by eoJeoJ, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. eoJeoJ

eoJeoJ Thread Starter

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has experience with RCN's cable internet service...

I currently have Earthlink DSL but the price is expensive ($52/month) and the speeds aren't all that great (Downstream-864 Kbps /Upstream-160 Kbps in ACTUAL rates, advertised as up to 3Mbps Downstreat / Upstream about the same).

With RCN's new Mach5 service, they're advertising speeds of 5.0 Mbps Download / 800 Kbps Upload, which is significantly faster than Earthlink DSL. I havn't called for pricing yet, but I can't imagine it being more than $50/month.

I am seriously thinking of switching right now, as I have RCN cable TV, so installation would be a snap.

So does anyone know if RCN cable internet is reliable? Is the actual speed comparable to their advertised? - (my friend who has cable internet from Time Warner gets exactly the advertised speeds).

Thanks in advance.

2. PCvirgin

PCvirgin

I would say give it a shot. I have Adelphia and I say that it is on point. Don't knock until you try it. Plus, the price is right,

3. hewee

hewee

Plus if they are like other cable companys your pay less for the cable internet if you also have the cable TV from them. Like $10.00 less

4. PCvirgin

PCvirgin

You are correct. Your monthly payment for Interent may be even lower than 10 dollards less. Plus, the speed is better with Cable.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272661

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice