1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

rct3 error

Discussion in 'Games' started by papoy, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. papoy

papoy Thread Starter

okay i have 2 problems
    i have rct3 installed i start playing it.. then i quit so i could install the soaked expansion...
    once i had that installed and i took the soaked disc out and put the original in and it said
    wrong disc inserted

problem 2
    okay rct3 worked fine... because of the disc error i reinstalled it and clicked on play
    it said
    bad version: 4
    the error has been sent to the debug log
    ok (attempt to continue) cancel (exit)
    i clicked on ok but it came into a black screen and said rct3 has encountered a problem and needs to close

2. DerekC

DerekC

Welcome to TSG, Papoy.

Normally when a game has an expansion pack on disc, after installing, that disc becomes the new "play disc" that you insert when you want to play the game. This is probably why you were getting the wrong disc error after putting in the original again.

When you reinstalled, did you actually uninstall and reinstall, or did you just uninstall the expansion pack? If you just uninstalled the expansion, then you might need to fully uninstall and reinstall the original. If you uninstalled and reinstalled and are still getting errors then it's possible that there are leftover files or registry entries from the expansion preventing the original game from loading. In which case I would look for an uninstaller from the manufacturer, or try reinstalling the expansion pack, but this time try to launch the game with the expansion disc.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083370

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice