RDP connection between home PC's

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jimmmac1

Good afternoon.

My mom and step-dad are having problems with their computer and could be a great help if I could log into their PC remotely. I talked to their provider, and they are not behind a router. I am. I have tried logging into their PC and am getting a connection refused. Because of the damage to their computer, they are unable to bring up Window Help. They are running Windows XP Home. I am trying to log in via one of my Windows XP Home computers, and Xandros and am getting the same message. They will soon have to reformat the hard drive and have pictures that they don't want to lose. He is a newbie with limited tech knowledge of his computer. He has a hard time understanding where things are. I think I got him to shut down Windows Firewall, but still couldn't get in. I think Norton's is in the way but am not sure how to shut it down to get me in. Any help would be more than appreciated. Thanks.

Jim Macdonald

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online