1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Rdr

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by RDR, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RDR

RDR Thread Starter

I have a compaq presario windows 98 with Rockwell HCF 56k data fax pci modem driver size 5872 bytes. can I up grade this pc by installing windows me. and will it take it in without any problems. please let me know asap. thanks

2. RDR

RDR Thread Starter

I have windows 98 on compaq presario pc with Rockwell HCF 56k data fax pci modem driver size 5872 can I upgrade this pc to windows me by installing a windows me restore disk, and will it take without causing any problems. please give answer asap.

3. bonk

bonk Banned

Welcome,

A Restore disk is exactly what is says and it will only work with the PC it came with.

In my option going from 98 to ME is not really an upgrade....just my option

4. RDR

RDR Thread Starter

how can I remove the internet explorer from windows 98. I have tried by using the add/remove system but will not remove it. i dont like it, its causing problems. i am using a different browser the Avant browser which is ok except it has a browser helper called about:blank which i wish could remove it from my pc. any tips to these questions, please help asap. thanks RDR

5. bonk

bonk Banned

sounds like you have pick up something I would post a Hijack Log in the Security Section to get help.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538384

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice