1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Re-Build crashing and freezing with and without bluescreens

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by KNOW_FEAR_666, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KNOW_FEAR_666

KNOW_FEAR_666 Thread Starter

I have just spent allot of money for me on upgrading my PC, it was quite good as it was but i wanted a new case and stuff, it now in a new case with more fans a better mother bored and a second EVGA 560 Ti superclocked.
    it looks amazing now but it crashes loads sometimes i get a bluescreen and then it reboots itself and the rest of the time it just completely craps out and hangs until i hold the power button or press the reset button.
    i don't know what information could help but i can try and get it if its asked for

thanks

2. ETech7

ETech7

When upgrading, you made sure all components are compatible and installed latest drivers? What about OS, is it fresh install? You may look into windows debugging tools...

3. KNOW_FEAR_666

yeah it was a fresh install, all the drivers are up to date and i checked and installed the newest ones to no avail, it might even be a hardware problem, i just don't know. and as to compatibility, what could be at fault ? [my sys info is on my profile] resorted to using my laptop atm though

4. ETech7

ETech7

I'd look at windows dump files, I don't know if it be possible to upload them here...

5. KNOW_FEAR_666

if you can think of a way i can easily put them somewhere for people to see i could try and do that, and if someone could tell me the file directory so i could find them

6. ETech7

ETech7

look into C:\Windows\Minidump and for C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

As to uploading - have no idea.

7. KNOW_FEAR_666

OK i still have no idea what the hell is up with my PC :/ i have run Memtest86+ on all 4 of my RAM sticks when they are all in i was getting loads of errors on test 5 but with them all in separately i only had 2 errors on one stick on test 7.
    my friend thinks it might be a power issue and we tried changing the voltage manually in the bios but the reading back didn't change.
    could it still be a windows problem ?
    or is this one going to cost me more money :/

would like some more people to have a look at this post too

8. huggie54

huggie54

9. KNOW_FEAR_666

what do i do if it is a power issue though ? thats my main problem
    its not the power supply, and like i said changing the voltage in the bios didnt do anything

thanks

i do apreciate all the help so far

10. replay

replay

any memory errors are a problem...........u need to isolate the bad memory sticks and take them out!!! what is the brand of memory?
    alot of mfr's have a lifetime warranty
    also u dont list your power supply?? if u have 2 video cards u will need alot of power

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!