1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

RE: DNS??? and PING help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by npage2908, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. npage2908

npage2908 Thread Starter

Guys gotta an xp machine the guys put a new antivirus on it and it stopped going out on thge net. Did a sytem restore and all worked then installed it again same problem but this time he acidently removed all retore points (helpful hey) and now I cannot get the machine on the net. I've removed the antivirus program and installed Avast and the new Ad-aware. OK the machine says its on the net but I cannot ping using name eg ping www.bbc.co.uk but it will work on IP address I've tried all the settings I know but still the same problem (also un/re installed modem) any ideas??

Nige:confused:

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

It looks like a DNS settings issue. We need to know the make and model for your modem (and router if you have one), and internet service type. Also, open a command prompt window and type ipconfig /all and post the results.

3. npage2908

npage2908 Thread Starter

HI Frank. its a sagem 800 adls modem its an account with Wanadoo (now ORange) France. Im not at the machine right now but will post you the IPconfig stuff later. Gotta be DNS say I did a release/renew??

4. npage2908

npage2908 Thread Starter

Here is ipconfig

Primary dns suffix blank
    node type hybrid
    ip routing no
    wins proxy no

Connection Specific dns blank
    dhcp enable no
    ip address 83.193.28.43
    subnet mask 255.255.255.255
    default 80.10.246.130
    nwtbiso tcpip diaabled

hope this helps

5. npage2908

npage2908 Thread Starter

Any Ideas??? Tried installing another modem....... same problem when you ping it says ping oy. Done virus scan and spyware. Help please............. its driving me bonkers

Nige

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593530

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice