RE: DNS??? and PING help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

npage2908

Guys gotta an xp machine the guys put a new antivirus on it and it stopped going out on thge net. Did a sytem restore and all worked then installed it again same problem but this time he acidently removed all retore points (helpful hey) and now I cannot get the machine on the net. I've removed the antivirus program and installed Avast and the new Ad-aware. OK the machine says its on the net but I cannot ping using name eg ping www.bbc.co.uk but it will work on IP address I've tried all the settings I know but still the same problem (also un/re installed modem) any ideas??

Nige:confused:

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
It looks like a DNS settings issue. We need to know the make and model for your modem (and router if you have one), and internet service type. Also, open a command prompt window and type ipconfig /all and post the results.

npage2908

HI Frank. its a sagem 800 adls modem its an account with Wanadoo (now ORange) France. Im not at the machine right now but will post you the IPconfig stuff later. Gotta be DNS say I did a release/renew??

npage2908

Here is ipconfig

Primary dns suffix blank
node type hybrid
ip routing no
wins proxy no

Connection Specific dns blank
dhcp enable no
ip address 83.193.28.43
subnet mask 255.255.255.255
default 80.10.246.130
nwtbiso tcpip diaabled

hope this helps

npage2908

Any Ideas??? Tried installing another modem....... same problem when you ping it says ping oy. Done virus scan and spyware. Help please............. its driving me bonkers

Nige

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online