1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

RE Error Messages

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by vic0914, Feb 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vic0914

vic0914 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual-Core QL-60, x64 Family 17 Model 3 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2813 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 151125 MB, Free - 73608 MB;
    Motherboard: ATI Corp., Ant3
    Antivirus: AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2015, Updated and Enabled

I am receiving on my laptop the following Error Messages: "The firmware has detected a CMOS Battery failure occurred. F1 Continue F2 To Setup." Also, "Windows Update_80072F8F and Windows Update_dt000." I am not able to get Windows Update to do the updates. My computer will shut down after attempting to run the updates. I then I choose Startup Repair to restore to an earlier time and after doing this several times my laptop will come up to my desktop screen. I am then able to sign on. My Date and Time on my computer is set back to 2008 when I purchased it. I will change the Date and Time to the current date and time I am in. This has been going on now for several times since 2008. Please advise on how I may be able to remedy these issues. Your assistance is appreciated. Thank You
    :confused: vic0914

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Hi, first change the Cmos [Bios] battery and let us know if your other problems are solved.

How to replace the CMOS battery.
    http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000239.htm

3. vic0914

vic0914 Thread Starter

I will replace the battery and then reply back to let you know if that handled the issues. Thanks !
    vic0914 :)

4. blues_harp28

Ok - keep us updated.

5. vic0914

vic0914 Thread Starter

Hello !
    Before I open up my laptop to replace the CMOS Battery would you or any other Tech Support Guy be able to tell me where this battery would be located on my computer. I have printed out and read the article on How To Replace The CMOS Battery. Is the make and model of my laptop one that would take a Panasonic CR 2032 3V battery as a stand alone battery or would it be attached to the motherboard ? I attempted to get this question I have answered by Toshiba but I was not successful to get it addressed. Perhaps one of you Tech Support Guys know more about my computer and can answer this question for me. I have watched some video clips on how to replace the CMOS Battery and it is more involved if the computer is fairly an older model. Also, is it a good idea for me to create a Restore Point using the system restore utility with a date that does not go back so far as 2008 ? When my computer was unable to start and it went to Startup Repair it took many minutes to restore to an earlier time which was 2008. What do you suggest I do to handle these questions I have presented to you. Would you be able to instruct me on how to do all of this. I am learning how to do as much of this as I am able to do so on my own with your assistance. I am an amateur and not a professional at doing this. So, I do need all the help I can get with this.
    Thank You
    vic0914 :) :confused:

6. blues_harp28

Hi, depending on the laptop you may need to remove the keyboard, to access the location of the Cmos battery.
    All Cmos batteries are the same size and the make of the battery does not matter and yes, they are usually attached to the motherboard.
    However, let us have the model number of your Toshiba laptop and we can check where the battery is located and how easy it is to replace.

7. vic0914

vic0914 Thread Starter

Hello, the Toshiba laptop model number is L355D-S7815/160 (00M00W) Part No is PSLE8U-00M00W. It is a Toshiba Satellite. Let me know if you should need any other information from me ? Your assistance is appreciated.
    Thanks !
    vic0914

8. blues_harp28

9. vic0914

vic0914 Thread Starter

I have watched the video in the link below and yes the CMOS Battery does look the same in the article once the keyboard is removed. It appears to be a coin cell CMOS battery that is a stand alone. I have located on my computer the Satellite L300 Series User's Guide and I have it printed out now. I am looking for this information on it but I have not found it yet. The video seems to be very close to the laptop that I have. I will proceed onward with this and see what I can do.
    Thanks
    vic0914

10. blues_harp28

In the video the coin shaped battery is just under the keyboard.
    If your laptop is the same - just unclip the battery and install the new one.
    Keep us updated.

11. vic0914

vic0914 Thread Starter

OK, will do. Do I shutdown my computer and then do this. After I install the new one are there any other instructions I need to do once I turn my computer back on. Please advise.
    Thank You
    vic0914

12. blues_harp28

Yes, turn off and unplug the laptop first.
    Once you change the battery and fit back the keyboard - restart the laptop and once it loads up, set the time and date.

13. vic0914

vic0914 Thread Starter

I will do and let you know how my computer is doing once this is done.
    Thanks
    vic0914

14. blues_harp28

(y)

15. vic0914

vic0914 Thread Starter

The CMOS coin shape Battery is not located under the keyboard. I am not able to find it there. So far in my user's guide I am not able to find any information about it. The video does show a laptop that looks just about the same as the one I have. The CMOS Battery is simply not in that location and I have not found it yet. Any other suggestions you may have for me I am open to. Please advise. Thanks
    vic0914

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142917

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice