1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Re formated xp pc is haunted!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by niteshadow12, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. niteshadow12

niteshadow12 Thread Starter

Ok i am very new to this so please bear with me. I have re formated my dell dimension 2350 pc (xp) I added more memory now running at 1 gb. I re loaded java and it will not work on this pc. i have to clear the java sun console first in order to use it and clear when i am done with it so it wont show up as a running problem. Yes removed program several times and re downloaded. Norton 360 was on it and after 2 days windows was saying it wasnt working. Norton says it working and fully protection yet i have the shield up saying i have no virus protection on my pc... so i deleted norton 360 and put on avg 7.5 Same thing. I am confused :confused: :confused: is this just a halloween haunting or do i need to replace a hard drive,,,,

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Welcome to TSG....

When you re-installed windows xp did you use the Dell restore or recovery software or another type?

3. niteshadow12

I used the xp reinstall cd that was with the dell. The only thing that has changed since i bought this pc (5years ago) is that i have increased the ram was 256MB now running with 1280MB. also installed is a dvd burner.

4. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

When you re-installed windows xp did you do a format the hard drive during the install process?

5. niteshadow12

yes i did format the hard drive. 3 weeks previously, i had reformated my sisters pc same type and only thing is that she already 768MB of ram. I formated re install windows updated and put some of her programs on that she wanted. She is also running norton 360 and she has had no problems at all.
    Thats why this confuses me so much. By the way, thank you for the welcome to the site

6. niteshadow12

Ok so i reformatted the pc all over again. with everything that i downloaded back into it,,,, java was working until, I downloaded Microsoft office 2007. now it shows me that i have a runtime environment problem. So i deleted office 2007 out of system. Guess what now java is working again. What is going on,,, HOw do i fix this.??????

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643987

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice