Re Freshing Backup Drive D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

matelote

Ted
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 7661 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (756 GB Free); D: 1863 GB (62 GB Free);
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

My Backup drive "D" (2TB with only 62 Gb free)) is some 6 years old, an obviously contains a lot of old data, as such as its just about full, as such I want to Refresh it by Deleting all data. and re assigning it as the my backup drive.
My Drive "C" has 756 GB free of its 1Tb.

Can I, reassign my Backup Drive (Temporarily) to Drive "C" and Reformat Drive D, then reassign it as my Backup Drive.

AS a Novice your detailed assistance and guidance would be appreciated
Regards

Matelote

Fireflycph

Morten
You can reassign different letters to your drives. However the one containing Windows, probably, not change, as it is in use by the system.

If all you want to do is to wipe your second drive? Then go to Disk Management and delete the partition. REMEMBER that ALL data will be lost.

After deleting the partition you can create a new one and proceed to format it.

AGAIN: ALL DATA WILL BE LOST ON THE DRIVE WHERE YOU DELETE THE PARTITION.

matelote

Ted
If I remember correctly I think that this Drive D has more than One partition, so I want to remove all partitions and dedicate the
drive to Backup

As such how do I proceed ????

Matlote

managed

Allan
Go into Disk Management and right click on a partition you want to remove then click on Delete Volume, do the same for all other partitions on the drive, then right click on the Unallocated space and then click on Format and create a single NTFS partition using all the Unallocated space.

Fireflycph

Morten
Allan is right.
Again, because It can't be said enough. ALL date on the partitions you remove will be deleted FOREVER.
If you have something there you think you may need in the distant future? Back it up, twice.

EDIT; Spelling errors etc. I can only, at the moment, write with my left hand.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online