1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

re-initiallize a SCSI Hard drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by p8jx6, Dec 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p8jx6

p8jx6 Thread Starter

I have a SCSI Hard disk, that i some how messed up by transfering it to a different controller, cuz i didn't know that you can't do that, i do now. i tried to get it to come back alive, by puting it back on the controller, but my master partion table thing got messed up, when i had tried to use it on the other controller, the first controller was a LSI Logic, and the second was an Adaptec 2490-UW. so i tried to use diskprobe to read the sectors and set it up like that, which failed. i thought it might have something to do with the board so i had taken that off, but now when i go into the Adaptec "SCSI-Select" program it doesn't show a size. could i have connected my board back up the wrong way?? it does still spin up, but i don't understand why it lost the size of the disk. it had the size before btw. it is a 18.2 GB 10K RPM SCSI-2 drive, and i have 2 other identicals if they may be of any help. but i really want to know if this drive is toast.

EDIT:: COMPAQ Model #: bd018734a4

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/422399

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice