1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Re-Installed Xp, can't get on internet

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Johnny RedBull, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny RedBull

Johnny RedBull Thread Starter

Here is the situation, I installed Windows XP SP2 last night. I plug my cable modem into the ethernet port as usual but now It won't go to the internet. I tried all the troubleshooting in XP and no luck. The same cable works fine on my other computer, so the modem is fine. I tried to mess with the tcip setting but the computer does not even seem to recognize a conection. Under networking on my working internet computer it lists a "local connection" but on my newly XP installed computer this is not an option.

I hope this makes sense and I hope someone can help me. Thanks alot.

2. cmw2010

cmw2010

You need to install drivers for your network card. What type of computer do you have?

3. Johnny RedBull

Johnny RedBull Thread Starter

I have a Sony VAIO VGC-LS25E. I have no idea where to find the drivers. I do have the install disc, I assume the drivers are in there? But I wonder if they are XP drivers. Can I download the drivers from somewhere?

thanks for your help.

EDIT: I see I can download them from Sony's site. Will try and if it doesn't work I will be back

Thanks again

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543152

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice