1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Re-installing winxp on Dell inspiron 640m

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tkrramprathap, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tkrramprathap

tkrramprathap Thread Starter

Hi,
    I had dual boot on my system with Win XP Home (came with laptop) and Fedora 7(which I installed). One fine or unfortunate day as I left my latop with windows xp and went out for a while some media direct thing was running and it restarted my comp. After that I was getting blue screen whenver I boot into Win XP. I thought I could repair it with the recovery disks that came with the laptop. But when I boot with the recovery CD , it displays "Setup is inspecting your computers hardware configuration" for 2 seconds and the screen remains blank. Nothing happens. Thinking that the recovery CD might not be good I tested on my friends Dell 640m laptop. It works fine in that. It proceeded further after checking the hardware configuration. Can anyone tell me how I can resolve this problem.

Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/685837

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice