Re-installing XP trouble during installing & coping.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nycstickballer

Hi all,

I had some trouble with my laptop and I had to install XP home again and format my computer. Everything went well until after the preparing installation bullet. While going to the installing windows bullet now, I get a message with serveral files cannot copy, so I click browse from my windows XP cd which is D:\ but nothing happens, I can cancel that file from being copied but window after window pops up in the same manner with the same message. Can anyone please inform me on how to fix this situation.

My thanks in advance to all.
Christian

When installing Windows, the most common cause of files being unable to be copied from the CD is one of faulty RAM.

It's one of the most severe tests for RAM that occurs, all is used and in a critical manner in the install process. Any faults always show up in that manner.

Hi,

Yes It seems like low memory is an issue here. Is there anyway I can still setup XP without causing low ram??? It was once loaded on the laptop before I brought the machine I'm sure there were no issues then with compaq! Guess you buy something and then the trouble is yours to keep.

Any hints I thankyou.
Christian

Hi,

Yes the CD is clean I check it. About the Ram now, in addition to the copy error messages the system in the blue screen. A message talked about low ram and freeing memory to follow on the setup or trying to run windows F-8 which is safe mode. I will try again and see what happens.

Thanks
Christian

nycstickballer

I double checked the CD and it was kind of dirty. I cleaned it with my DVD cleaning kit now to play it safe. I will try to start over now. I'm at formatting C: Partition1 NTFS ... setup is formatting.. in the blue screen. I will follow up any messages during the setup. Hopefully everything sets up good.

Thanks
Christian

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online