Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

re: none of the internet browsers are working

817 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  noodles71 
#1 ·
My internet explorer has frozen. I am unable to close the one window that is open which is blank. Also none of the other browsers, like Chrome or firefox, are working. It has also affected my ability to open "My Documents" as well as open Microsoft Word. However, games such as solitaire are working. Can someone please help me!!!

#2 ·
hold down CTRL+ALT+DELETE select task manager,a list will appear scroll down to iexplore,highlight it,then click end process.thats your browser fixed.you may see multiple iexplore entries.end them all.you may have to stop firefox as well.its called ff.exe in the same window.hope it helps.

#3 ·
Thanks a lot! However, when I go to the Task Manager window all I see is Microsoft Internet explorer. When I try to end the task I get a dialog box which says "The window is busy. Closing this window may cause some problems. Do you want to close it anyway." When I press o.k. Nothing happens. The blank internet explorer window remains open. It has remained opened despite my let my computer battery run out. It went into hibernation and when I plugged it in this morning it revived with the blank window still on the task bar. Would appreciate any other insights!

#4 ·
sorry.i didnt have my lappy with me.do the same thing except click the processes tab.now you will see a list(they all will have <name>.exe)
click on image name up the top,they will be in alphabetical order.scroll down until you see iexplore.exe.it sounds like you have lots of these running.just end them all,with the end process button(you will get a warning message,just click yes.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.