1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

re-occuring read receipt messages in outlook 2000

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by JezP, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JezP

JezP Thread Starter

On my network (NT4) I am experiencing one particular user who generates repeating read receipts to various users.

User OS = XP Pro
    Exchange = 5.5

I have installed all office updates on user PC and run a detect/repair but still this keeps happening.

Not sure if the problem is with the recipient or the sender?

2. Kitch

Kitch

Have you checked (on the senders pc)........?

Tools/Options/Preferences/E-mail Options/Tracking Options

"Request a read receipt for all messages I send"

3. JezP

JezP Thread Starter

The user requires the read receipt function on but does not want to keep receiving it time and time again.

Also other recipients the user sends to he receives just one read receipt and that is it.

Regards,

4. Daisy77

Daisy77

Hi,

I seem to have the same problem:

The original message was sent in december 2004 to multiple recipients, but only one user keeps responding with read receipts every day, sometimes twice a day. First we set up a new Outlook Profile (OL 2000), after that a new Windows Profile (W2K) and now, he got a completely new computer with Windows XP and Outlook 2003, but he is still sending all the same read receipt again and again, although he already deleted the original message.

On our Exchange Server (2003) eventlog I can track the user logging on to the server at the moment the read receipt is sent, so I think it's a problem of the (read receipt-) sender's Outlook.

Does anybody have a solution yet? I'm thinking of deleting the mailbox and creating a new one, but I'd prefer to find another way.

Best Regards,
    Anja

5. ajmcdonald73

ajmcdonald73

I too am experiencing a read receipt issue where a user has sent an email to several users but he has been getting a read receipt for one of those users every minute for three days. We run exchange 2003 server and he has windows XP/Outlook 2003. Would really appreciate any ideas, have checked for rules, delegates, forwarding.....seems to be a corruption with outlook on senders end, not sure exactly what it is.

6. PROJECT

PROJECT

I am having this same problem, any solutions yet?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/363106

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice