1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

re post for switching users

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ekih, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ekih

ekih Thread Starter

Not able to switch users, just created a new user with limited access and when trying to switch users I get this.

"Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded. Check that you are connected to the network, or that your network is functioning correctly. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.
    DETAIL - The system cannot find the file specified."

I am not on a network, I connect to the Internet via cable.
    I tried loading a fix for this called, "UPHClean-Setup". Supposed to free resources or something like that. Didn't work. I havn't had any users on this machine before. I am the administer and alway boot to this.
    Running WinXP Pro, with VirusScan Professional Edition ver: 7.03.6000.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/234521