1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Re-recording from VHS with DVD Xpress DX2

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by shoogleguy, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoogleguy

shoogleguy Thread Starter

I just bought this conversion box with composite vid i/p ..and svideo..
    It came with DVD Xpress software ArcSoft ShowBiz DVD 2 CD which installed ok and captures the VHS tape ok.
    My problem is: The editing function isn't really very useful.
    I was wondering if someone out there has come across other editing software that is more intuitive. I have a few VHS tapes I want to burn to DVD but there is a lot of 'cut and pasting' I want to do.
    I have seen somewhere a program that makes that much easier but I can't remember what it was.
    Thanks, Ken J.

2. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

mpeg2schitt editor available at doom9.org.
    you need a demuxer to split the video and audio from the mpg video

editing the video with the edited audio makes it so simple to mux the streams together. to make the new video file. all available at doom9.org..All free software.

3. shoogleguy

shoogleguy Thread Starter

I will get that editor and give it a try thanks very much. Will let you know how I do.
    Ken J.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/764135

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice