re: scanner software, Drawing software

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Del Conroy

For many years I have been doing graphics for Braille textbooks as a volunteer. These books Algebra. Math, Geometry etc. often have 1000 illustrations each. I have been using Canvas 9.0 for a number of years but it isn't the most reliable venue. I hav explored drawing and 2d Cad software but my scanner (Microtek Scanmaker 4850) can only scan in two formats- Tiff and JPeg. I either need a software program that can accept these formats or or perhaps scanning software compatible with my scanner.
Thanks for your attention.,
Del
651 224 4486

Are you using the advanced interface? I have a 4900 and it will output to a dozen or so formats including eps, pdf and psd. I think they both use Scanwizard 5.

If you are using the advanced interface and have only two “Scan to” choices you might upgrade your scanner driver from Microsoft. They have had several since I bought my 4900.

Scanning software has to be specific to the scanner unless it uses the Windows WIA driver, which is very limited. The only competent aftermarket drivers I know of are Silverfast and Vuescan. I checked Vuescan and your scanner isn’t compatible. Silverfast is only for a more limited group of advanced scanners and is pricey.

I’m not familiar with software that outputs to Braille, so I can’t be of any help with that.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts