Re setting admin password

Dbulger613

Hi everyone, my name is Dustin.

Im looking for someone to help me through a command screen that i don't quite i understand. I was given a laptop from my neighbor that he hasn't used in a while. He gave it to me for my daughter's remote learning. When we powered it on he was unable to remember his password. I cant locate a password reset disk unless i order it online and at the moment im not able to afford it due to financial struggle from covid. I found a way to re set the password using the comand prompt screen by hitting the shift key 5 times. However when i follow the steps in the video it goves me a different result on the screen. I need someone to explain what im looking at and what to do to finish the password reset. Any input is welcome as im not a expert on computers. Please help , and thank you.

Couriant

James
Hello!

We do not assist in changing the passwords, but if they are giving the computer to you, I would suggest do a clean install of Windows.

Dbulger613

Hello!

We do not assist in changing the passwords, but if they are giving the computer to you, I would suggest do a clean install of Windows.

I saw that rule after i made the post. I didn't know or i wouldn't have asked, my apologies. But how would i do the clean install? Im fine doing that as well as long as it gets me access. I was planning on doing a complete reset so it was back to factory settings for my kids but i can't get passed the sign on

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hello and welcome to TSG!!

Many laptops have a hidden partition that can be used to restore the system back to "out of the box" condition. What is the make/model of the laptop?

Couriant

James
Also, to confirm, does your computer have a sticker for the Windows key?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online