1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Re Writing

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by devin223, Jan 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. devin223

devin223 Thread Starter

I am running W98 Pentium3 500mhz.
    When I try to burn onto 700mb discs my re writer does not recognise them, I get a 'CD not inserted' message. Smaller disc (650mb) are fine.
    I'm using Nero 4. My writer is PHILIPScdd4401/65. I cannot find any drivers to update this.
    Any help?

2. 104456

It may be your CDRW doesnt support this size of CD,check the specifications for the drive.You could try an updated bios for the drive but I doubt if it will help.

3. devin223

devin223 Thread Starter

Thanks.
    How do I check this?

4. slipe

slipe

The burner should see the 700Mb CD. My guess is that it doesnÂ’t like the brand or dye type for the CDs you got.

According to the Feurio database that burner should record 700 Mb CDs if you find some it likes. http://www.feurio.net/English/Writerdb/Data/philips_4x4x32.html Use the scroll on the right to get down to the 80 Min CD and the explanation scrolls at the bottom.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!