1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Read Linux files from Windows

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by lynch, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lynch

lynch Thread Starter

I just found this tool for reading(writing is still buggy)your linux files from windows.Nice for the multi-booters:)
    lynch

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

I totally forgot about that program. I saw that a couple years ago and never tried it out because I was hooked on using Netware. I will have to give it a try now.

3. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

What is your opinion on netware? I have the opportunity to learn it, and am kinda interested, i jst want to make sure that i wond all of a sudden get droppen in the dark... like last time. I had to learn NT4, then boom! all of a sudden it dissapeared off th freaking planet.

4. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

I love Netware......We use it at our Corporation. I had netware 5 up and running for a while at home but wanted to go back to focusing on Linux. Novell is now porting alot of its Netware services to Linux and there is suppose to be a certification available by the end of the year.

5. gizard

gizard

With the colabaration of Samba and Novel problems with NTFS - EXT2-3 will be a thing of the past.

6. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

ext2 and 3 were already out the door. Most people i know use reiser anyhow, and i know a couple of people who are quite.... brave and use XFS. They really like it.

7. LinuxGold

LinuxGold

I'm still running ext3, and am not sure how reiser could benefit me. Could you expound the benefit and advantages of reiser?

8. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

Ok, so they are for me. I never really use ext3 anymore, (and have no desire to unless i have to) and ext2, well lets say no way! i waited for an fschk after a crash once too many times. Reiser for me is just what i like.

For newbs anyhow, perhaps ext3 is better because most utils are already compatible.

Take my advice with a grain of salt, perhaps one could say i'm slanted!

9. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

Oh, and if you want some info on ReiserFS, then check out http://www.namesys.com

Its the home of the authors of ReiserFS, and therefore prettymuch the definitive source!

10. LinuxGold

LinuxGold

I've been using Linux since 1.13.xx days (around 1995) and ext2fs, and I found ext3fs pretty reliable. However, I'll check that site that you mentioned. Thanks.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172071

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice