1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

READ-ONLY woes

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by docskidz, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. docskidz

docskidz Thread Starter

I've read the post Database opens "read only" in error from Giraffe and he doesn't appear to have found a solution. I'm having the same problem. Running Access 2010 on windows 7, single user PC (not a network). I have linked tables in a subfolder of the FE folder (not shared). I also have one local table in the FE but this same problem occurred without it too. Sometimes, when loading I get this message "Read-Only. This database has been opened read-only. You can only change data in linked tables. To make design changes, save a copy of the database. [Save As...]". This doesn't happen routinely. Closing and re-opening is sometimes successful, sometimes not. There doesn't seem to be any pattern or predictability. Thanks for your thoughts and hopefully an explanation and solution.

2. docskidz

docskidz Thread Starter

An additional note (while waiting for an answer): 1: I have error trapping in all subs/functions without any errors. 2: during the close routine I check for any open forms (there are none) and I check for any unclosed DAO recordsets (there are none). Is there any way to check for any processes left still running? After exiting I can see the locked files (in the FE and BE) disappear from the folders. I just can't figure out what is causing the program to open in Read-Only status SOMETIMES. And it doesn't matter whether I'm running in full accdb, accde, or accdr mode.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090709

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice