1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Read The Rules Rule

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by Guyzer, Sep 21, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

First Name:
    Guy
    If memory serves me correct one must be a member before being able to post... right ... right. It's obvious a lot of people don't bother to read the rules ..... right .... Right. Well I have an idea. I don't know if it's possible but as an example lets use software instillation. When installing software it always asks if you have read and understand the licensing agreement. If you choose yes the install continues... right... right. If you choose no, you start from the beginning until you choose YES or no install. My suggestion.... During the sign-up process couldn't the first step be having to read the rules ( or at least be given the option ) then having to agree or disagree. If the person chooses YES then the process continues and if it's no...poof... no posting privileges. Just a thought.

2. MightyQueenC

MightyQueenC

Wimpy, you never cease to amaze me!
    I think it's a great idea (y)

Carolyn :)

3. brindle

brindle

Whimpy
    I saw one software program where you had to scroll the entire licensing agreement before you were able to check the I Agree button. Just an added thought.

4. Abdhul

Abdhul

on the following pages you could ask questions to see if they actually read it.

5. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Yeah, a membership test on the rules.

No Spamming

No P2P

No bloody flaming.

If you flunk the test you don't get to post until the make up test 1 week from the day of failure.

Hmmmmmmm, I'd still be trying to pass most likely.

Good in theory but as soon as they got their log in they would do as they pleased anyway.

6. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

First Name:
    Guy
    You are starting to scare me. :eek: ( just kidding ) Actually I am starting to amaze myself. The reason I came up with this post is because I am sick of spamming and flaming and thought TSG was the only site left where I could avoid it. I read a new post today that was spamming and kinda blew my lid. I was tempted to enter CD and start ranting about something pointless like most there :D but tried to come up with something constructive instead. I think this qualifies.

Attached Files:

7. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

First Name:
    Guy
    And a good thought it is. The thing is we will only find out if someone actually read and understood it when we started seeing his / her threads. Then again thats ok as well. If someone breaks the rules we could rip 'em from end to end and be justified in doing so. No more ***** footin' around cuz " they read the rules "! :rolleyes:

Edit = ( **** wasn't a cuss word. It was slang for cat.. Sheesh )

8. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

First Name:
    Guy

Agreed but see my post above.

9. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Badges
    Badges

We don't need no stinking badges

10. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

I agree Wimpy, I am only having a little fun with you. I get sick of the stuff also and then when you tell somebody they are breaking the site rules they get bent out of shape at you.
    Not like I care cause I ain't in life to win any popularity contest, but I would rather like someone than dislike someone.:)
    It is easier.(y)

11. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

First Name:
    Guy
    True......

Re: Badges - That was a great movie but i like this line from a different movie better. It also suits the gist of this thread..

" Got anything to say for yourself before I find you guilty and hang you? " :D

12. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Judge Roy Bean?

13. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

First Name:
    Guy
    Yup..that was a classic. And yours was Blazing Saddles, another classic.

14. smeegle

smeegle

I thought the "badges" line was first used in "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre".

15. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

First Name:
    Guy
    Could have been but I don't know. I only remember it from Blazing Saddles. At least I think thats where I saw it. I ain't so sure any more. Oh for the love of Pete help meeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276650

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice