reading CDFS CDs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ruggb

I have a USB device that is formatted CDFS and W7 can't read it - XP can.

CDFS.SYS is present. CDFS is disabled on startup, but currently running, However, I still can't read it.
How do I get this to read the device during boot so it won't hang the system?????????

Hiya try using a command prompt , type >format drive letter /fsfilesystem my line looked like this

>format g:/fsfat32

ruggb

I tried formatting it but it doesn't work - It is like a CD ROM and can't be rewritten.
It is actually a MAGICJACK which works fine on an XP machine but in a W7 machine, the CD portion cannot be read. In Xp it says the file format is CDFS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online