Real player wont install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Vangoghsear

Hello.

I finally relented and updated my realplayer to the latest free version and now wish I hadn't. During the installation it removed the old real-player version and as it installed the new one wouldn't continue and i got the message ' you don't have administrative rights to the windows registry' and stopped the installation. I am the administrator, this is my PC . Also the windows media player has a problem in that when I click the link to 'play all' it doesn't work ie the player wont load. Can someone please help. I have tried cleaning the registry and starting the PC in safe mode etc and cleaning out spyware and checking for viruses all to no affect. I also re-downloaded both the real-player and windows player. I am using windows XP SP 2, 2GB RAM, Zonealarm anti-virus. Thanks in advance :) .

May I ask what is your aim when you do have RealPlayer? Because if it is simply to view Real-format files, then I recommend you install RealAlternative instead which allows you to play and encode files in the real-format... without having to actually install RealOne or Real Player... I think it also allows you to play the real-format files in most multimedia players, from winamp, wmp and mpc *Media Player Classic, personally, the best multimedia playing program out there...*

Oooh, I will shamelessly promote my site, there are instructions on how to use RealAlternative without busting any of your brain cells or your pc, it includes some personal configuration files, browse to the programs section for them...

Vangoghsear

Hey Zoriath I tried the Realalternative but it kept 'jumping' soI uninstalled it. However, I really could do with some help on this. BTW, I use the real player when I wish to listen to clips of music on the Amazon website so I suppose I could use windows media instead. Also, when I use windows media player 10 it freezes up my PC and I have to switch off and reboot ! This happens everytime I click 'playall' from the menu. It just will not playall and I cant fathom it.

I see, try uninstalling everything related to media; your media players and anything that deals with codecs except maybe your cd/dvd burners. Also please uninstall realalternative...

And then install the klite media codec pack which you can get here...
http://www.free-codecs.com/K_Lite_Mega_Codec_Pack_download.htm

good luck ^^... hopefully everything should be ok... and then you can install wmp10 and winamp or whatever you use ^___^

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online