Real Time Clock

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

erichan

Hi,
I have reinstall my windows XP and also reinstall my motherboard drivers.But the problem is when i go to 'Device Manager',I saw a yellow '?' under 'Real Time Clock'.I do not know what it is and why is there a question mark on it.Is it becaue I have installed the wrong motherboard drivers?I have received replies from other forum and they told me to install Retro chipset VIA 4in1 drivers for my system.Perhaps I can give you information of my system and hope you can advice if I have installed the correct drivers for my motherboard.
My computer brand Name: VIA Technologies
Motherboard Vendor : VTech
Motherboard Model : 2A6LGV3G
Chipset Model : VIA VT82C693 Apollo Pro Plus Chipset
System Memory : 256 MB(SDRAM)
BIOS Model : Award Modular Bios v4.51PG
BIOS Vendor : Award Software Inc.
CPU Type : Intel Pentium IIIE,800 MHz(6x133)
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Pro Service Pack2
OS Platform/Version : NT Platform Version 5.1(Build2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)

I hope the above information is sufficient.Looking forward to hearing from you soon.Thank you for your assistance.

Damonc

Damon
Dont you have a CD with the correct drivers for your mainboard? if not you'd be best going to the VIA website and looking up the drivers for your model of mainboard, then you'd be assured to get the right ones, as by what you have described I'd say you have the wrong ones currently installed.

Where did you get the drives from that you are currently using?

erichan

Damonw said:
Dont you have a CD with the correct drivers for your mainboard? if not you'd be best going to the VIA website and looking up the drivers for your model of mainboard, then you'd be assured to get the right ones, as by what you have described I'd say you have the wrong ones currently installed.

Where did you get the drives from that you are currently using?
I have lost my CD for my motherboard.I got the drivers from here:http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=420&OSID=1&CatID=1070
Based on the information I have given,what/which motherboard drivers should I install or where can they be found.I would be very grateful if you can provide me with the direct link to the correct drivers to be installed onto my system.Thank you very much!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online