Real-time protection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Nhalls

Hi my real time protection is greyed out and cannot move the slider. I have gone into cmd and put sfc/scannow then restarted laptop but still greyed out. Need help ASAP thanks nhalls

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Real time protection is greyed out, running what program?

It would be helpful for starters by telling us the make & model of the your computer?
Also please download our free system info utility from the following link:
https://static.techguy.org/download/tsginfo.exe
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about your computer will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

Nhalls

Real time protection is greyed out, running what program?

It would be helpful for starters by telling us the make & model of the your computer?
Also please download our free system info utility from the following link:
https://static.techguy.org/download/tsginfo.exe
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about your computer will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.
I have a asus n552vx and my father has a hp pavilion notebook that has the same problem

Nhalls

I have a asus n552vx and my father has a hp pavilion notebook that has the same problem
all the options in the virus and treat protection are greyed out and both laptops have not got a third party antivirus thanks dave for any help

Couriant

James
Typically branded vendors, especially HP, comes with a 3rd party antivirus program installed, which is usually Norton or McAfee. If you have uninstalled them, they may still have remnants of the software. Do you remember if they had it? Do you have MalwareBytes installed?

both laptops have windows 10 home
That means using registry to "ungray" them, but like Couriant said, you first need to get rid of 3rd party AV.
Please run TSG info for us to see which AV is enabled.

and my father has a hp pavilion notebook that has the same problem
Btw. If your computer is under parental controls there is nothing you can do except asking parents to set your computer free.

Nhalls

That means using registry to "ungray" them, but like Couriant said, you first need to get rid of 3rd party AV.
Please run TSG info for us to see which AV is enabled.

Btw. If your computer is under parental controls there is nothing you can do except asking parents to set your computer free.
we are both above 35 and we have never installed any antivirus yet

Nhalls

Typically branded vendors, especially HP, comes with a 3rd party antivirus program installed, which is usually Norton or McAfee. If you have uninstalled them, they may still have remnants of the software. Do you remember if they had it? Do you have MalwareBytes installed?
we both got the laptops second hand and should i install malwarebites. also is the free version ok or would i need the pro version

Couriant

James
we both got the laptops second hand and should i install malwarebites. also is the free version ok or would i need the pro version
Free version is OK. When you got the computers, did you install Windows fresh?

Couriant

James
If the factory refresh was with the software HP provided, then chances are it installed 3rd party security suites.

Can you please provide the basic information from one of the affected computers that our TSG System Information Tool shows? This may detect what may be installed and causing this issue.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online