Solved Real Time Stream Control Protocol?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Money Pit

Dave
I've run a security scan and it shows port# 554 is open and should be closed. Port 554 is named Real Time Stream Control Protocol? I've just recently updated my browser to "Google Chrome" from IE 11. I have no understanding of this situation. Thanks for any help in advance. Dave

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3220 @ 3.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 16322 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 210, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 232 GB (153 GB Free); E: 0 GB (0 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., H81M-E
Antivirus: ZoneAlarm Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

It is Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) for Microsoft Windows Media streaming services and QuickTime Streaming Server (QTSS).

Do you have a security camera ? They seem to use that protocol.

Money Pit

Dave
It is Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) for Microsoft Windows Media streaming services and QuickTime Streaming Server (QTSS).

Do you have a security camera ? They seem to use that protocol.
No I don't have a security camera. I do get email attachments open with Media Player. I also stream videos on YouTube. If possible I'd like to close this port if I'm not using it? I'm sorry I have no clue in this area. Thanks: Dave

Do you have a DSL modem with several ethernet ports, or do you have a cable modem with only 1 ethernet port ?

Money Pit

Dave
Do you have a DSL modem with several ethernet ports, or do you have a cable modem with only 1 ethernet port ?
I have fiber optics cable modem with only 1 ethernet port . I THINK? I have 2 boxes on the wall of my utility room with several blinking lights installed by my ISP. I don't touch em LOL

The only fibre optics co I know of is Bell. Do you also have their TV package?

I am trying to figure out which piece of equipment opened that port. If it is not the modem itself, then it would be on your PC.

Money Pit

Dave
The only fibre optics co I know of is Bell. Do you also have their TV package?

I am trying to figure out which piece of equipment opened that port. If it is not the modem itself, then it would be on your PC.
I don't have Bell, my ISP is "Execulink" I think it's more probable that the issue is caused by my PC

Close your browser and all internet activities for 5 mins.

Then go open an admin command prompt, type in 'netstat -abn". Copy and paste over what it shows.

Money Pit

Dave
Close your browser and all internet activities for 5 mins.

Then go open an admin command prompt, type in 'netstat -abn". Copy and paste over what it shows.
I typed netstat -abn in "Search Programs and Files" Opened as Administrator. A list with a black back ground flashed then disappeared.

Right click the command prompt with admin. It should stay on screen. Then type in 'netstat -abn'. The command prompt is at Start > Windows System > Command prompt.

Money Pit

Dave
Command prompt is at Start button > scroll down to Windows System > Command prompt.
You must have a different view enabled that me? I have classic and I don't see how to do this? Just a start button here.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online