1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Really bad screen flicker

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by twofilm, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twofilm

twofilm Thread Starter

I am getting bad screen flicker when online or when working any any offline programs. Screen flickers as though it is going to turn off. Similar to a flourescent tube when it is about to burn out. It is not constant but happens when I do anything that changes the screen info or when I click on an icon to activate a program or open e-mail etc. Any suggestions on how I can fix this problem? Thanks. Kirby

2. Dingenium

Dingenium

There was a program that was like a virus (more of an annoyance than anything) like this a few years back. It could be that. Try going into Safe Mode (tap the F8 key on the keyboard after the POST), and see if it happens there.

OR, boot into Command Prompt and try doing stuff there...if it doesn't do anything in either of those, it is most likely something with your display drivers or it could be that program.

HTH

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Check the display properties settings and make sure that the refresh rate isn't set too low.

You might also try reinstalling the display adapter drivers, preferably any updated ones.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220866

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice