Really bad screen flicker

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

twofilm

I am getting bad screen flicker when online or when working any any offline programs. Screen flickers as though it is going to turn off. Similar to a flourescent tube when it is about to burn out. It is not constant but happens when I do anything that changes the screen info or when I click on an icon to activate a program or open e-mail etc. Any suggestions on how I can fix this problem? Thanks. Kirby

There was a program that was like a virus (more of an annoyance than anything) like this a few years back. It could be that. Try going into Safe Mode (tap the F8 key on the keyboard after the POST), and see if it happens there.

OR, boot into Command Prompt and try doing stuff there...if it doesn't do anything in either of those, it is most likely something with your display drivers or it could be that program.

HTH

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Check the display properties settings and make sure that the refresh rate isn't set too low.

You might also try reinstalling the display adapter drivers, preferably any updated ones.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!