1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Really confused

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Combogalis, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Combogalis

Combogalis Thread Starter

I thought I knew about torrents, but I don't understand this at all. Half-way through extracting a rar archive it said I ran out of memory. I already downloaded the torrent so I don't understand what is taking up more room. I'm just extracting the files, why do I need to clear more space? Can I delete the torrent after unraring and still have the video files?

Please explain what your usual routine is when downloading a movie or something by torrent.

P.S. It was a 20GB torrent for which I had 25GB free space, and I just cleared another 10GB. Will that be enough room or do I need another 5 GB or more?

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Read the forum rules.

3. Combogalis

Combogalis Thread Starter

Wow that's real helpful thanks. Not even willing to tell me what rule I've supposedly broken. If it's the P2P thing, I already knew about that, and from what I understand and have seen, that doesn't apply to torrents. Considering how popular they are, it seems they would have mentioned them as an example instead of a few Kazaa-like programs.

4. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi Combogalis

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums

Sorry, we cannot assist with this topic.

Please read the Forum Rules before posting again.

Thank you

Closing thread.

5. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Torrents fall under the "and the likes" in the forum rules. If you would have bothered to search the forums you would have realized that we don't discuss torrents here.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755915

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice