1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Really free video editor

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by seaturtle, Apr 27, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. seaturtle

seaturtle Thread Starter

Hi there. Does anyone know of a really free mp4 video editor? All I want to do is to clip my videos and remove unwanted parts. Nothing too fancy. Many of the so-called free editors either doesn't work (not easy to use) or won't allow me to save without a watermark. I use a Windows 7 Enterprise computer. I've tried several, like:
    - WinX Free Video Converter
    - Movavi Video Editor
    - NCH VideoPad Video Editor
    - DVDVideoSoft

They all seem to have various restrictions that doesn't really let me edit my videos and save them.

2. Sponsor

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  4. seaturtle

seaturtle Thread Starter

Ummm, VideoPad is not really free? Although it doesn't say how long the trial period is. One of the reviews says that the difference is not clear, so maybe I should give it a longer try. Thanks for your help. I'm also checking out Avidemux and DaVinci. Will report back.

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

I don't use it, but I've had it installed for several months.

6. FlexxD

FlexxD

[unacceptable content deleted by mod]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2018
  7. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 will not work in W7 from a Sony camera ... And adobe is NO help.
    I think I've read CC Premier is the same.
    If my APE v13 ever quits ... I'm probably done with adobe video editing.

8. seaturtle

seaturtle Thread Starter

You can't save your files after you've used it once the trial period is over.

9. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Just found out your Right, then it's not really free. :mad:

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  10. Nora.Br

Nora.Br

Videopad has a trial period, but after it's over the main limitation is export formats (at least this is how it used to be few months ago).
    VSDC copes with mp4 files and works well on Windows 7. Avidemux is good for just cutting and encoding if this is what you're looking for.

I haven't seen a list of video editors for Win7, but here is a roundup for Win10, so perhaps that might be helpful too.

11. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1209364

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice