1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Really Strange !

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Houstonguy, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Houstonguy

Houstonguy Thread Starter

Hi,

When I boot up my C drive is setup as shared. I can disable it but when I reboot its back to share. When its shared it does not show the hand under drive icon but it is checked as shared.
    Whats up ? Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

3. Houstonguy

Thanks, but this have nothing to do with my question.

4. ODIN 0ERO

ODIN 0ERO Guest

how long are you having this problem?

try using SYSTEM RESTORE to return your SYSTEM to its previous state.

to before this event occurred.

5. Houstonguy

Thanks for the reply...dz1..did not mean to be short with you but should know to have my coffee before posting.

I have for now just elected to share the drive and go into permissions and set deny to all options.

As far as restore I really have no idea how long the behind the scenes share was on as the usual icon showing the hand under the drive letter did not show up at all. I am guessing this is an internal error caused by some conflict on my machine.

I am showing no other problems and all is running well . When I do have a serious problem i just grab my second hard drive and pop in ghost and in 30 minutes have a fresh install. Of course documents is backed up. *S*

In closing if anyone does break in they will be very disappointed the same if they were to break in my checking account. *LOL*

6. ODIN 0ERO

ODIN 0ERO Guest

try scanning your HARD DRIVE for TROJANS and VIRUSES using NOD32.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542571

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice