1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

really stupid question

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by soolbeat, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. soolbeat

soolbeat Thread Starter

Ok, I am clueless here: I downloaded php and unzipped the folder ... and there are hundreds of files here and I don't know which one to open in order to install it. I looked for an .exe file but no luck. Any clues? :confused:

2. allnodcoms

allnodcoms

It's not quite that simple... You'll need to install a local server (which will include PHP / MySQL etc).

Have fun! ;)

Danny

3. dukevyner

dukevyner

There are no stupid questions, only un-asked ones... As allnodcoms said... you will need a sever for php... and the install likely is nothing like you have ever done before with windows(.exe installs) i would recommend that you look for an install guide for what you have downloaded, that may provide some clearity

4. allnodcoms

allnodcoms

From the sounds of it you've just downloaded PHP. On its own, PHP does nothing as you need an Apache server to run it. A popular, easy to install, local server option for the Windoze platform (and others) is XAMPP. I'd start there and see how you get on. Any problems just drop back in here and ask away!

Danny

5. dukevyner

dukevyner

"Windoze?" not sure if witty insult, or really bad typo

Danny is right try that

6. allnodcoms

allnodcoms

Check my comp specs Duke... :p

Danny

7. dukevyner

dukevyner

Lol i thought so,

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065154