1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

really weird networking issues in Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by GUGLHUPF, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GUGLHUPF

GUGLHUPF Thread Starter

Hi

I do have really weird networking issue in Vista 64bit Ultimate. I cannot get network to work meaning I cannot get an IP address and even with fixed IP address no packets pass through.

Router: DLINK DGL-4100 gaming router - NIC INTEL PRO GT/1000

I tried resetting the TCP stack and different network settings on the card. The router is on the latest firmware with pretty standard settings.

History:
    Now this goes on for months. As I had tried to get the motherboard Marvell and Nvidia adpaters to work. I had bought the INTEL NIC card as others reported it works flawlessly with VISTA Ultimate 64 bit.

Now to make things weirder I can run the embedded NVIDIA controller with an old NETGEAR 100MBit router but I cannot hook the NVIDIA directly to the GIGABIT D-Link. Now the MOST AMAZING thing is that I can connect the NVIDIA to the NETGEAR and from the NETEGAR to the D-LINK and it works as well (this is a switch connection). So the NVIDIA goes to the switch side of the NETGEAR and from there to the D-LINK (no NAT) and I get a connection. I thought that packets get just passed on in this configuration and no modifcation is done to them.....

Primarily I need a GIGABIT connection on a beefy server which I use a lot. That's why all the trouble. I thought that the motherboard controllers might be outdated but as I said the INTEL NIC is not working either.

Hopefully someone can give me some hints.
    Thank you.

P.S. I tried all the newest, not so new and Windows delivered drivers on all adpaters.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648382

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice