1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Really workd problems with my other computer and monitor.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gaf Knee, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gaf Knee

Gaf Knee Thread Starter

I have a really weird problem with a computer and a monitor: One day I was on the computer and all of a sudden screen goes black, I get check input/signal. I do all the normal stuff- reseat VGA card, make sure cord is secure (I even bought a new cord), I reset CMOS memory- all to no avail. I then plug the computer into another monitor and it works. "Okay, it's the monitor then" I think. I plug that monitor into another computer and I get the same error; this of course backs up my thinking. Then however I plugged the computer (Which I had just found to be working fine) into a brand new monitor and I get the same error...Anyone ever experience anything like this?

2. mobo

mobo

Did you delete the old monitor from device manager and did windows pick up the new one when powered for the first time ?

3. Gaf Knee

Gaf Knee Thread Starter

No I didn't do that...I've never had to do that before when switching monitors. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to try.

4. byon

byon

operating system?
    try with another new graphcis card. your current one might be causing the problem

5. Gaf Knee

Gaf Knee Thread Starter

XP Pro. And yes, I tried a new card; it didn't help.

6. cap2361

cap2361

I just recently had the same problem. Check the capacitors on the motherboard. My pc would power up and the monitor would say to check connections or that there was no computer attached to the monitor. The motherboard was fried.

7. zeddy

zeddy

I had a similar issue and as cap2361 found it was leaking capacitors, the problem started as intermittent then permanent.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163921

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice