Realtek 8821CE Wireless LAN/Max Speed?

I cant seem to edit these settings. It notes that the settings are being managed automatically and the option to change to manual is greyed out
I see it says you need an app to modify these things, so go get it to play around.

Additional settings you need to take care about:
I forgot but to possibly make use of 160mhz channel bandwidth you'll have to set channel to either of these 2 below, countries listed are not supported

1. channel 50: (China, Israel, South Africa, Brazil)
2. channel 114: (Russia, China, Israel, South Africa, Brazil, Bahrain)

Next step:

Make sure router operates on 5Ghz explicitly, not AUTO and not 2.4Ghz

pmc3944

The app has the same access. I checked out some for the xfinity forums and it looks like they lock these down. I should have just bought my own.

I don't know if you get this router from ISP or you bought it your self, in both cases it's worthless piece of hardware.

If you bought it your self you have all rights to get replacements, otherwise you should read your ISP agreement between you and ISP and demand operational router if agreement permits.

I'm not 100% sure these changes will give you better speeds, so don't just go a buy another one blindly, good routers can be expensive, and at a minimum you should research gateways, their options and capabilities for what you need first.

pmc3944

I don't know if you get this router from ISP or you bought it your self, in both cases it's worthless piece of hardware.

If you bought it your self you have all rights to get replacements, otherwise you should read your ISP agreement between you and ISP and demand operational router if agreement permits.

I'm not 100% sure these changes will give you better speeds, so don't just go a buy another one blindly, good routers can be expensive, and at a minimum you should research gateways, their options and capabilities for what you need first.
Totally understand, yes its from the ISP. Historically I havent used ISP equipment, but I did this time, and regret it for sure. Looks like some models still allow changes and some dont. Ill wait again for Comcast, thhis has been going on for 3 weeks now, so I was really hoping to beat them at their own game. I really apprecaite you taking the time to help out! If I end up getting access I will try what you said and let you know. Thanks again!

pmc3944

This has to be a comcast issue, reset the router to factor settings.....for a short time I was getting 500 down, now its back to as low as 25 and maybe up to 200 from time to time

Who is comsat?

There is nothing you can do, you can only demand ISP to give you hardware capable of data transfers that you are paying.

It could be router is automatically adjusted according to adapter driver in your PC.
I asked you for current driver options in my previous post, you can do some adjustments but it depends on driver.

pmc3944

Comcast / Xfinity is my ISP. Sorry I missed the driver question. Below are the drivers. I provided both Realtek being the onboard wifi connection and the Netgear being the adapter I purchased (thinking I might have needed to have an updated adapter to get both speeds, however I am getting apx the same speeds on both)
Realtek Driver.PNG

Netgear driver.PNG

It's under "advanced" tab, number of settings depends on adapter and driver.

Are these 2 adapters are giving you exactly same link speeds?

pmc3944

Ok, here are the different options. I am currently getting 36.1 with Netgear and 20.4 with Realtek (the integrated card)
realtek 1.PNG
netgear2.PNG

Set "Wireless Mode" to AC only (or ac/n or ac/ax if there is no ac only)
Set VHT 2.4G to disabled
Set "Preferred band" to 5Ghz
Set "802.11d" to disabled
Set "Qos Support" to disabled if not needed

Save settings restart PC
once it boots up, restart router

Try one adapter first (probably disabling the other) then another adapter

I am currently getting 36.1 with Netgear and 20.4 with Realtek
Note that "Down/Up" is not the same as "Link Speed"

Download speed is what you get from ISP, link speed is network throughput between router and adapter.
you can see link speed by:
right click adapter in network and sharing center -> Status

pmc3944

Thanks. This made no change, except for that when Qos is disabled it brings like speed down 266
netgear266.PNG

There is nothing you can do, except connect with LAN cable to verify you get close to 1Gbps, you'll probably have turn off other devices to get maximum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online