Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Realtek 8821CE Wireless LAN/Max Speed?

50K views 31 replies 4 participants last post by  irbrenda 
#1 ·
I think I might have found my answer, but I could use some input just in case. I have a gig connection coming in, however my speeds have been drastically fluctuating, sometimes around 50mbps and have recently went back up to the 150-200 range. Comcast has done there thing, and say there is no line or router problems. I have a Realtek 8821CE Wireless LAN for my laptop WIFI connection. My wifi properties are showing a connection of 433.3. Is this meaning that the WIFI card has a MAX speed of handling 433.3 and there is no chance of getting closer to my gig speed? Even if this is the case, it doesnt explain why I am only getting 200 at best. FYI, when I hard wire in to the router, my speeds go anywhere from 50-300. My Galaxy S9 phone is clocking speeds at damn near 400 though......ANy ideas?

#31 ·
Agreed, even LAN doesnt get exactly 500. The ISP tech was supposed to be here this morning, they somehow managed to screw that up, now supposed to be here this afternoon. This was been at least 3 weeks of this issue....probably been longer and I just started looking into it one day

#32 ·
I have the exact same speed issues with the Realtek 8821CE card in my new HP Laptop.
Wireless connection speed is slow to awful but it's not consistent, and ethernet could possibly be worse, believe it or not, so I blame Spectrum's equipment for that. Spectrum installed a new modem and the Sagecom SAC2V2S router two weeks ago and it is nothing but trouble. I also bought Netgear Nighthawk Extender to help bring the signal up , since my equipment is in the basement. Believe it or not, my issue is with the awful ethernet on the router. Nothing is stable, and I had to make my old desktop wireless now but at least it connects. My HP Laptop is another issue. I have speed issues with Spectrum and they've been out here 6 times and cannot figure out what is wrong either, including their supervisor who was stumped. I am not sure if it is the equipment or my devices anymore, but it can't be all of my devices as they would like to think, and I'm tired of troubleshooting. FIOS is starting to look better every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.