1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Realtek AC97 Audio Controller

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bizwiz2004, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bizwiz2004

bizwiz2004 Thread Starter

My friend did a redo of her pc and their is no sound. I see a Avermedia Multimedia Controller and a Realtek AC97 Audio Controller, is one of these causing a conflict why there is no audio? We've tried downloading the driver but it keeps asking for a cd? Help someone?????

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

What brand and mosel is the pc? Where did you download the driver from?

3. bizwiz2004

Hi,
    It's a Sony Vaio PCV 1154 and the driver was downloaded from downlaod.cnet.com.

4. Old Rich

Old Rich

Try getting the drivers here . . I would install the chipset driver first, then the others

5. bizwiz2004

Hi OldRich,
    When you say here...meaning here at Techguy.org????

6. Old Rich

Old Rich

7. bizwiz2004

Hi Rich,
    I went to the Sony site but I'm trying to help my friend find the right model for his PC, seem we have found that its a PCV1154 but when we went to the sony site (I'm doing this vi Teamviewer btw) its prompting us for model number such at VCR... so I ask him to do his homework and look for that anywhere on the pc. Our issue is when we uninstall it from the hardware area of the system and sound and reboot the system and try to have the system reinstall it, it appears that its missing something calls a Soundman.exe from the Windows temp folder or some error we are getting with that...what do you recommend we do?

8. Old Rich

Old Rich

Once you determine the full model number ( usually on a sticker ) reinstalling the sound drivers should cure that

9. bizwiz2004

Thanks so much, I'm just waiting for him to locate the info I need to finish help him fix the sound!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/991640

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice