1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Realtek AC97 audio low microphone volume

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by neil1502, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. neil1502

neil1502 Thread Starter

I have a problem with my volume on my microphone, it's very low. I can only hear anything if I blow directly into the mic, or shout very loud. No matter what settings I change the volume does not get any louder. Altered all the settings including mic boost but still it doesn't work properly. Any ideas?

2. dlsayremn

dlsayremn

Could just be a lousy microphone.
    Have you tried the microphone on a different computer or tried a different microphone?
    Would try this first since it would at least give you an idea if the problem is the microphone or a computer sound issue.

Would also check to see if there are updated drivers for the Realtek AC97 at your computer manufacturer's site.

3. neil1502

neil1502 Thread Starter

Thanks for your response. The microphone works perfectly on my laptop and I have the updated driver for the realtek ac97. Any ideas?

4. dlsayremn

dlsayremn

Don't know what to tell you at this point. Your's is the third post about low microphone volume with Realtek AC97.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/850300

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice