1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

realtek ac97 no sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jamie_mack, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jamie_mack

jamie_mack Thread Starter

as i said above have this as my built in sound card all drivers are installed and up to date all volume dials ect are up to the full but im not getting any sound!
    all help apreciated thx

2. colmaca

colmaca

double check all cables are connected and if still no work reinstall drivers.
    go to device manager and see if there are any yellow ! or red X in there.

3. jamie_mack

all done and all fine but still nothing!

4. colmaca

colmaca

are you useing windows xp? try system restore to when the sound worked.

5. jamie_mack

yes it is XP and it has not worked since i installed it!

6. Old Rich

Old Rich

Right click on My Computer . . select Manage and then Device Manager . . look to see if you have a yellow ! next to a device.

If so, download the driver here and see if it will enable the sound card

wrs

7. jamie_mack

no conflicts and the installed driver is working properly it says! and i have tried thatd driver and the 3.69 version i have.

8. otoe1

otoe1

Attempt to do an install of the drive from the m/b cd that came with the puter.

There was a recomended update from Window's update site that wasn't able to work on my intigrated sound.

I did a rollback and got my sound back.

Good luck.

9. johnwc723

johnwc723

okay, your soundcard is 6ch (5.1) ? you need to install the drivers from the realtek website AND you need to go into control panel>sound effect manager (the utility that comes with the drivers) any you need to select the speaker setup you have and make sure that it is plugged in the right ports according to the diagram in the utility, if that dosent work than your sound may be dead, hopefully its not integrated

10. Becko1050

Becko1050

If it's an AC97 Codec then it is inergrated sound. My suggestion is buy a soundcard. Apart from that have you made sure that it is turned on in the bios.

11. jamie_mack

thx for the help guys still dindt get it to work so i picked up sound blaster audoligy ls for £16:00 works fine thx again!

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/316556

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice