1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

RealTek Audio Drivers Reinstall Randomly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sderenzi, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sderenzi

sderenzi Thread Starter

I bought an MSI K9A2GM

http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=1436&maincat_no=1

I had problems in Vista x64 with the onboard audio, namely even though I installed the drivers manually and it registered correctly on rebooting the system; later on it will randomly loose them. What happens is I'll reboot, normally Windows would play audio during this process, nada. Then when I do enter into Windows I see the New Hardware Found icon in the system tray and it begins reinstalling the RealTek audio drivers I'd already had?!

It's done this abunch of times but not just in Vista x64, in XP x32! I was amazed when I saw the same thing happening to the audio on XP, I couldn't fathom what would cause Windows to randomly reinstall audio drivers as if they'd never been installed.

Could this be damage to the onboard audio chipset? Pretty strange if it is since the audio does work once it's been installed. But the problem is whenever it does this all the settings are lost so I need to change all the volume controls again.

It's really very weird and I'm torn between thinking the mobo is the culprit to some unknown factor with the software.

Help!

What's even more bizarre is that it's totally random, it just happens or doesn't. There's no real way of causing it to occur!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/720238

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice