1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Realtek HD Audio Driver

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Spritz, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Spritz

Spritz Thread Starter

Basically I've uninstalled the above.... I didn't realise I needed it in order to be able to play my Windows Media Player and iTunes files :eek: :eek:
    I've gone to their website and tried to download it/install it again, but its not having any of it and I just can't seem to work out what's wrong! I've gone to the 'Restore' section under 'Accessories' in my control panel (by advice given on a website), but it comes up saying it's unable to.

I've been trying to fathom out the problem for near enough 3 hours now....and I really don't know where to go from here.

Thanks in advance.

2. t bone

t bone

are you installing it correctly?
    what happens when you try to install it ?

what type of computer is it...try going to there site to obtain the driver they usually come as files that will install on there own if you double click on em.

3. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

4. Spritz

Spritz Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply.... I'm assuming of course I'm downloading the right one.... I have a Windows XP Media Centre machine with the latest version - which one *is* the right one? It's been so long since I started all this, I can't even remember which one I tried!

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=3&GetDown=false#High Definition Audio Codecs

I shall ring my pc technical helpline after trying to download the "right" one.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

How about telling us the make/model of the computer and/or motherboard?

6. Spritz

Spritz Thread Starter

Guess I should have said at the start.... it's an Acer 180 desktop.

Well after having just spent over an hour on the phone to them and a lot of mucking around their end, the download and installation has been successful.... only now files will play - but there's no sound!! :mad: They go home at 4 so he wasn't able to help me any further, great! I've checked my volumes and everything's fine, nothing on mute.

I'm now at a real loss as to what to do, it just doesn't make any sense!!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!