1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Realtek HD Audio Error Code 45

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by holisticapproach, Nov 7, 2019.

1. holisticapproach

holisticapproach Thread Starter

I'm running windows 10 on an HP Omen and after most recent windows update, my computers internal speakers are unavailable, as are any wired connected audio devices. Sound icon says no speakers or headphones are plugged in. Device manager, under sound, video, and game controllers does not show realtek HD audio. This only appears when I go to view and select show hidden devices. Then, under properties, I can see Code 45 (hardware device not connected. To fix, reconnect). I have attempted driver fixes including driver version 6.0.1.8591. Troubleshooters for audio detected nothing. I have tried rolling back the windows update.

I cannot find any sites that recommend steps beyond checking driver for the device. I've also tried calling HP tech support twice, and both times representatives told me they needed more time to find a solution (which they have failed to do).

Anyone who has dealt with this issue or has thoughts, any advice appreciated.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Code 45 typically indicates a hardware fault. As this is a Realtek chipset, I assume that it is the motherboard onboard audio chipset?

I don't know what options are available in an HP BIOS, but you could boot into the BIOS and ensure the audio chipset is still enabled.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235391

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice