Realtek HD Audio Error Code 45

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

holisticapproach

I'm running windows 10 on an HP Omen and after most recent windows update, my computers internal speakers are unavailable, as are any wired connected audio devices. Sound icon says no speakers or headphones are plugged in. Device manager, under sound, video, and game controllers does not show realtek HD audio. This only appears when I go to view and select show hidden devices. Then, under properties, I can see Code 45 (hardware device not connected. To fix, reconnect). I have attempted driver fixes including driver version 6.0.1.8591. Troubleshooters for audio detected nothing. I have tried rolling back the windows update.

I cannot find any sites that recommend steps beyond checking driver for the device. I've also tried calling HP tech support twice, and both times representatives told me they needed more time to find a solution (which they have failed to do).

Anyone who has dealt with this issue or has thoughts, any advice appreciated.

Oddba11

Jim
Code 45 typically indicates a hardware fault. As this is a Realtek chipset, I assume that it is the motherboard onboard audio chipset?

I don't know what options are available in an HP BIOS, but you could boot into the BIOS and ensure the audio chipset is still enabled.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online