1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Realtek HD Audio Issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by njforgacs, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. njforgacs

njforgacs Thread Starter

Hey, so, I am trying to run the realtek hd audio drivers in xp pro 32-bit and I had the problem at first where there was an installer error, so I used regedit and fixed that issue and reinstalled and the sound worked great for about 3 boot ups. but then things got wierd, about half the time when I boot up the audio drivers work fine, and the rest of the time it will only play system sounds (i.e. the classic startup sound and the error box sound), but it won't play sound in games or winamp or anything like that, and if I go to the sound controls in the control panel it says no device. Yet the hd audio is listed in the devices tab and it's working correctly. I have just been uninstalling the sound drivers and reinstalling them to get it to work, but it's getting pretty old. And I have installed the hd audio hotfix 888111 or whatever and that did nothing. So, any help would be great, I'm stumped!

p.s. And this is a new computer I just built, so there's no old drivers or any of that stuff.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!