1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Realtek HD Audio; Unable to install drivers because of "interactive window station"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by decemberjewel, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. decemberjewel

decemberjewel Thread Starter

I've posted this on another website forum, but they haven't replied and it's been five days now. :(

Let me start from the very beginning!

I have an Acer Aspire 3050 Vista 32-bit Home Basic laptop. If you need anymore details, please let me know.

A week ago I finally figured out that you have to mute the speakers in Realtek HD Audio Device so the sound would play through the headphones. About two days after that, no sound would come through the headphones, but would come from the speakers. So my sister suggested we un-install Realtek. I did and then I re-installed it and re-started the computer.

When the computer booted back on, a little thing at the bottom said "installing latest drivers" and then I had to click "allow" to let it search for audio. A few moments later, a box popped up that said it found the audio device but "This operation requires an interactive window station." Yes, that one... :mad:

I have enabled UAC since I don't have to click allow on the restricted areas, and I have tried many many suggestions from other forums, but none of them have worked.

I know it's not a hardware problem considering when I'm in BIOs and try to go backwards, beeps come from the speakers so they are working fine. And I'm guessing the "No Audio Output Device is installed" is because I'm not able to update the drivers. Also when I go into Device Manager, there isn't an option for "Sound, audio, or game controller". I think that might be because of the "No Audio Output Device" also.

If anyone could help me with this, it would be much appreciated. :D

I'm dying without my sound... Really. I need the music to block out my sister... truthfully, maybe I shouldn't have listened to her in the first place. (n)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/877705

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice