Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Realtek High Definition Audio Problem

22K views 4 replies 1 participant last post by  flyingmule 
G
#1 ·
hi, i'm new here and found these forums by googling. i'm deeply sorry for posting this if its against rules or have been posted before without doing a search

i just bought a P35-DS3L Motherboard in less than a month ago, installed everything and it ran fine including my audio. all of a sudden i had blue screen, i have the idea whats wrong but cannot fix (note: my audio is still working even though the blue screen started).

i decided to do a quick format instead of a full format because i didn't backup my files. after finish installation of Windows XP SP2 Professional, i reinstalled all my drivers and noticed my Audio Driver isn't starting up after restart (note: yes, i tried installing Microsoft UAA Driver and then the Realtek HD Audio Driver)

since it was a quick format, i thought maybe the existing old drivers have been causing problem.

so i tried to uninstall Realtek High Definition Audio Driver and i start to get the message "Realtek HD Audio driver remove failure". i rechecked my files in windows, some of the files are removed but not all

did a restart after failure of uninstall and tried to reinstall starting from Microsoft UAA Driver and then Realtek HD Audio Driver and restarted after the installation again (note: nothing went wrong with the installation)

after the computer restarted, i noticed the Realtek HD Audio isn't starting and when i check on Sounds And Audio Devices in Control Panel, it says No Audio Device. i checked my Device Manager and all my Audio Devices are properly installed and working properly

i really hope someone can help me here to get my audio back up working, although i'm already starting to give up and wanting to do a clean full format to see if it can get my Audio back up working and i'm really having big troubles backing up few GB of files when my old 20GB HDD just failed on me few weeks ago

See less See more
G
#2 ·
i'm deeply sorry for all the trouble, the audio problem is fixed

after i posted the thread, i properly checked out one by one on the Device Manager and noticed my PCI Bus is not installed properly

i manually installed it and a message appeared saying newly detected Microsoft UAA Device. After the restart the sound is back

what i'm confused about it, when i used Realtek High Definition Audio Driver installer. why it didn't detect my Microsoft UAA Device first instead of straight installing the Audio Driver?

i did use the installer files which was in MSHDQFE\Win2K_XP. those files inside there are for the Microsoft UAA Device.

i did do a search trough google and people said the Audio Driver will do the job of installing both Microsoft UAA Device and the Audio Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.