1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Realtek on board sound not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by albert lionheart, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. albert lionheart

albert lionheart Thread Starter

The realtek on board sound on an Asus P5n board has stopped working.
    There is no longer an option in BIOS to enable/disable it.
    It shows as a PCI device in XP
    None of the downloadable driver sets work.
    Have reset the BIOS.

Any ideas anyone?

2. br1ng3r

br1ng3r

About a week ago i had the same problem after a fresh os install, and for some reason the only way that i could enable my sound was by re-downloading the latest drivers from Realtek, then using the "add hardware" from the control panel. It seemed to be the only way i could get my sound back.

3. albert lionheart

Thanks Bring3r - I will give that a try!
    Thr only reference to a sound card is Aazalia (in the BIOS) but I cannot find a driver for that either - is this a new standard or something?

4. br1ng3r

br1ng3r

To be honest i have never heared of Azalia (apart from a flower), so i looked it up and it appears to be some sort of Intel high definition audio specification. But if you follow this link you can read up about it there.
    http://www.intel.com/standards/hdaudio/
    Anyway good look trying the fix, let me know how it goes. Or we'll try something else.

5. albert lionheart

Hi
    Have given up with the thing and a cheapo sound card (£4 something from Ebuyer) is on order...

6. br1ng3r

br1ng3r

Albert lionheart, sorry the fix didn't work. Im not sure if it's just Realtek, but i know i had a lot of problems getting my sound back. Fortunately the Add Hardware did the trick for me. Maybe some things are not meant to be. Good luck with the new card anyway.
    br1ng3r.

7. albert lionheart

Cheers - sometimes life is too short to go the long way round!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758085

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice