Realtek on board sound not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

albert lionheart

The realtek on board sound on an Asus P5n board has stopped working.
There is no longer an option in BIOS to enable/disable it.
It shows as a PCI device in XP
None of the downloadable driver sets work.
Have reset the BIOS.

Any ideas anyone?

About a week ago i had the same problem after a fresh os install, and for some reason the only way that i could enable my sound was by re-downloading the latest drivers from Realtek, then using the "add hardware" from the control panel. It seemed to be the only way i could get my sound back.

albert lionheart

Thanks Bring3r - I will give that a try!
Thr only reference to a sound card is Aazalia (in the BIOS) but I cannot find a driver for that either - is this a new standard or something?

To be honest i have never heared of Azalia (apart from a flower), so i looked it up and it appears to be some sort of Intel high definition audio specification. But if you follow this link you can read up about it there.
http://www.intel.com/standards/hdaudio/
Anyway good look trying the fix, let me know how it goes. Or we'll try something else.

albert lionheart

Hi
Have given up with the thing and a cheapo sound card (£4 something from Ebuyer) is on order...

Albert lionheart, sorry the fix didn't work. Im not sure if it's just Realtek, but i know i had a lot of problems getting my sound back. Fortunately the Add Hardware did the trick for me. Maybe some things are not meant to be. Good luck with the new card anyway.
br1ng3r.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online