1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Realtek RTL8101 Family PCI-E Fast ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Christielee, Jul 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Christielee

Christielee Thread Starter

Since my computer was rebooted by my boyfriend after a huge crash where it wouldn't start up correctly and constantly restarted itself, My computer doesn't recognise that it has a built in wireless card or built in webcam, the ethernet connection isn't working either (using my mother in laws laptop to try and fix it)

Will i need to buy discs or download the correct drivers and install them, i have tried downloading drivers and putting them on a stick but they need an internet connection run properly. I'm looking for discs to buy or use and return the the owner, i don't have the discs for my laptop as it's about 4 years old and i've moved and lost them.

Please help, laptops don't come cheap and i'd rather fix mine than buy an new one :(

Open to all help

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Have you tried a system restore to a date before you had this issue?
    Most laptops come with a hidden restore partition that you can access with a key combo. I believe for toshiba it is F8 however you can download your manual online and check.

3. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

Recommend a Google search for the NIC you identified here, and get the driver for it ONLY from Realtek. You will have the correct driver that will install without an Internet Connection.Suggest getting drivers for both the wired and wireless at the same time, and if they are zipped also something like 7Zip to unzip them onto your computer for installation.Once you are all uup an running - burn all of the drivers and the unzip to a DVD or somewhere safe... I Never recommend getting drivers from any of the 'Free Driver' Sites.

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    What do you mean by 'rebooted' ? Did he re-install Windows ?

You didn't say which version of windows is on the laptop but you can find all the drivers for it here :- http://support.toshiba.ca/support/i...ook&s2=Satellite+Pro&s3=L300&s4=PSLB9C-03401N

Click the Drivers tab on that webpage, the Ethernet driver is called Network Driver, the wireless drivers are at the bottom along with the webcam software and a User's manual.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1060138

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice