1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Realtek RTL8201CL/CP Driver

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Calyus, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calyus

Calyus Thread Starter

Jul 26, 2007
    Hey guys, I just had to reformat to install WinXP on my friends HP a6123w which originally came with Vista.. Right now im in the middle of trying to find the driver for the Network card as it's the most important. Anyone happen to have a link for this? Or can provide assistance in finding one?
  2. The_Oracle

May 20, 2007
    this seems to be a tough one. any reference to this network controller refers to specific mainboard drivers. realtek do not offer a separate driver.

lucky it's a desktop, you can always buy a PCI NIC for a tenner :)
  3. TimeFreedom

Oct 28, 2007
  4. jdeere2210

Nov 11, 2007
    Hi this is my very first time posting a forum. I bought a HP a1483w. I reformatted with windows xp pro. Needed the same driver as you. I inserted my recovery cd#1 and went to
    control panel, systems, device manager. click update driver on yellow flag items.
    It found my driver for rtl8201cl plus audio driver plus smbus driver.
    I opened my recovery cd and downloaded the drivers to my document.
    I don't know if the driver update found them in my document or on the cd.
    But it worked. If you don't have your recovery cd. I can try to download all the drivers and send to you.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/615813