Rear/Front Jack Port Not Working - Win7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mightydrumming

As the title says, my front and rear audio panels are not working.

Came home on Friday and there had been a power cut, rebooted in safe mode and restarted.. everything was fine apart from the audio.

Red X in the bottom right over the audio volume logo, 'speakers not plugged in'. The speakers were plugged in, so thought it was a dodgy cable going from the speakers to the rear panel on the computer. Changed out the cable and still got 'speakers not plugged in'. The speakers are 100% working, I have tested the usual set AND another set of speakers on both front and back and still getting 'not plugged in'.

I have uninstalled, rolled back the drivers, rebooted and installed the newest drivers, disabled and enabled in the BIOS and still nothing. It's on-board sound from the Gigabyte
GA-MA785GPMT-UD2H
board.

I gave a look at the green port on the rear panel (usual port for the speakers) and it seems to be fine, not loose etc.. Any help would be greatly appreciated, have searched the whole of google at this stage and nothing has helped. Could the powercut have caused a problem?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Do you have power to the speakers?

The Gigabyte GA-MA785GPMT-UD2H board probably has Realtek on-board audio, Try going to the Control Panel and view small icons. Then open the Realtek Audio Manager and see if you can figure out what might have changed. More likely you'll find the problem in "Sound" where you set your speakers and the appropriate Audio Application. I actually have Realtek onboard but Creative X-Fi installed and I have to make a setting that allows both speakers and headphones to work simultaneously or when headphones are plugged in the speakers have no sound and I like it both ways.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts